In 1837 Families arrived from Vermont, to settle in this beautiful spot surrounded by a ring of woods, hence the name Ringwood. Incorporating in 1994, Ringwood’s board has established Ringwood’s legal & financial foundation. Ringwood is diverse for a small town. It has historic structures, single-family homes, apartments, subdivisions, farms, businesses such as Rohm & Haas, Huntsman, Modine Mfg., and institutions such as the Ringwood United Methodist Church and the Ringwood Primary Center.
From The Prairie Farmer — January 1997: